Friday, November 11, 2005
SAARC Reality and Agenda
· Why do we fight with our neighbors?
· Why do we build up big military forces?
· Why do we race for nuclear powers?
· Why do we have big brother attitude?
· Why do we sponsor and tolerate religious extremists?
· Why are we so corrupt?
· Why do we starve?
· Where is our vote?
· Why don’t we have democratic governments?
· Why aren’t you accountable?
· Why do you think governments are your inherited properties?
There is no answer. Please next time arrange a SAARC Citizen summit for the unsung people of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka who can freely and fearlessly talk about their right, suffering, desperation and deprivation. Yes, these people are the center point of this summit. Yet, they don’t have any voice or face. They are the forgotten and neglected mass....lost in numbers. See the real picture of the SAARC countries for 2003 from the World Bank data compiled by this Addabaj: